Information on COVID-19
What is Lifewell doing to keep members, staff, and the community safe?
- Lifewell is offering telephonic and telehealth services, when clinically appropriate.
- We are facilitating temperature checks for all members and staff before entering the building or at the beginning of their shift
- We have increased the sanitization schedules for cleaning high traffic areas and areas frequently touched
- We encourage the use of PPE for staff and members
- We encourage members and staff to stay home when not feeling well
- We stay up to date on the current news related to COVID-19 and participate in webinars offered by AzDHS, AHCCCS, National Council, and CDC
What can you do to help prevent COVID-19?
Know the symptoms:
- Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath
- Fever (any temperature over 100.4)
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Get tested if you are exposed to COVID-19, consult with your medical provider, and self-quarantine for 7-14 days as recommended by the CDC and/or your medical provider
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of tissue in the trash. If a tissue is not available, then cough or sneeze into your elbow. Avoid coughing into your hands as that will spread germs
- Use available hand sanitizer when not able to wash hands with soap and water
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face unless your hands are clean
Approximately 1.1 percent of American adults − about 2.4 million people − live with schizophrenia.
Source: National Alliance on Mental Illness
If you are in crisis or need immediate assistance,
please call the Central Arizona Crisis line at 1.800.631.1314.