Members who seek treatment tend to wonder if additional treatment is right for them and may experience the following:
- Unable to cut down on substance use
- Substance use interferes with family relationships, career, and life
- Using substances as stress management
- Frequent thoughts of using substance of choice
- Defensiveness when asked about substance use being a problem
- Using substance of choice to lessen symptoms caused by substance withdrawal
Psychiatry Services and Medication Management
Psychiatry services include the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of behavioral, emotional and mental disorders. Psychiatric providers diagnose and treat mental illness and may use a combination of medication and psychotherapy.
Individual and Group Counseling
Individual counseling provides a focused therapeutic environment between the member and the counselor allowing for a strong therapeutic alliance, working at an individualized pace, and work on individual coping techniques.
Group Counseling allows for sharing thoughts and experiences with similar peers and can help with the healing and recovery process. The benefits of group therapy include broadened therapeutic alliance, modeling, developing connections, and a healthy support system.
Approximately 1.1 percent of American adults − about 2.4 million people − live with schizophrenia.
Source: National Alliance on Mental Illness